The Amazon Alexa skill called My Blackboard allows you to say:
Alexa, open My Blackboard.
get my grades
get my announcements
give me a tip
Multiple students can link their Blackboard accounts to a single Amazon Alexa account, which allows parents or grandparents to track school progress.
To listen to your course grades and announcements with Amazon Alexa you need to follow these steps:
- Enable the Amazon Skill called: My Blackboard for Blackboard Learn
- Login to your school’s Blackboard system and find the link Amazon Connection
Create a link in your course called Amazon Connection.
- Go to Content -> Web Link
- User url: https://apps.dataii.com/bb/alexa/
- Select the Tool Provider checkbox
If the system reports that the link is not yet approved, please have your system administrator follow the steps below.
Blackboard Learn Administrators
- Download and install the My Blackboard – Alexa building block (alexa_B2.war)
- Navigate to SysAdmin->Building Blocks->LTI Tool Providers
- Approve the LTI domain: apps.dataii.com
- Tool Provider Key: ec472db6-894f
- Tool Provider Secret: b7cfaf137955-4f86
- Create LTI Web Link with a tool placement or follow the above instructor instructions to allow students click on a web link in a course
The recently updated My Blackboard skill allows schools to adopt Alexa without REST API.