Blackboard will be releasing a native Alexa skill in support of new LMS Amazon API:
The My Blackboard skill was removed from the Amazon skill store to make room for the native Blackboard Learn skill.
The article below is for archival purposes only.
The Amazon Alexa skill called My Blackboard allows you to say:
Alexa, open My Blackboard.
get my grades
get my announcements
give me a tip
Multiple students can link their Blackboard accounts to a single Amazon Alexa account, which allows parents or grandparents to track school progress.
To listen to your course grades and announcements with Amazon Alexa you need to follow these steps:
- Enable the Amazon Skill called: My Blackboard for Blackboard Learn
- Login to your school’s Blackboard system and find the link Amazon Connection
Create a link in your course called Amazon Connection.
- Go to Content -> Web Link
- User url: https://apps.dataii.com/bb/alexa/
- Select the Tool Provider checkbox
If the system reports that the link is not yet approved, please have your system administrator follow the steps below.
Blackboard Learn Administrators
- Download and install the My Blackboard – Alexa building block (alexa_B2.war)
- Navigate to SysAdmin->Building Blocks->LTI Tool Providers
- Approve the LTI domain: apps.dataii.com, allow to “Send user data only over SSL”, Name and Email.
- Tool Provider Key: ec472db6-894f
- Tool Provider Secret: b7cfaf137955-4f86
- Create LTI Web Link with a tool placement or follow the above instructor instructions to allow students click on a web link in a course